Our client, an American manufacturer, marketer and distributor of consumer and commercial products, is seeking an experienced Senior GL Accountant to be based in Prague, CR or Tilburg, The Netherlands. Primary focus of this role is accounting and related processes for EMEA entities. In this role you will support the team with on-time and accurate reporting of the balance sheet acting as the subject matter expert in technical accounting. You will actively lead and collaborate in projects and supports the integration of new processes within the service delivery teams.
Senior GL Accountant Responsibilities:
- Gives advice to all stakeholders based on knowledge and experience.
- Performs regular reviews of BS and P&L accounts to identify any trends, errors, or omissions.
- Assist Sr. manager in populating the quarterly balance sheet analytics per division and analyses fluctuations and assist with communicating to finances leaders.
- Assists in reviews of monthly account reconciliations in Blackline.
- Assists in ensuring accounts are properly reconciled with documentation to support account balances.
- Assists team members in queries around Customer program subledgers, analyse the P&L and Balance sheet movements, collaborate with business finance.
- Support the General Ledger team by participating in the monthly, quarterly and year end closing process.
- Partners with different departments within the organization and the GL team leaders.
- Actively assists in coordinating and monitoring progress around internal and external audit requests.
- Reviews large and/or complex entries for process improvement opportunities and make recommendations to Sr. management and Team leaders.
Senior GL Accountant Requirements:
- Financial and/or Management Accountant with an accountancy degree or equivalent accountancy qualifications.
- Demonstrated knowledge of all GL processes with a particular focus on the balance sheet and P&L with variance analysis.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
Senior GL Accountant Preferred Requirements:
- US GAAP/SOX knowledge.
- Minimum 4+ years accounting experience within an international or multi-subsidiary environment would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of SAP and Blackline or other comparable financial packages.
- Accountancy degree or equivalent accountancy qualifications
- Experience within an international or multi-subsidiary environment.
Senior GL Accountant Soft skills:
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Proactive and innovative, results orientated, analytical and customer orientated.
- Ability to prioritise work and work to tight deadlines.
- A flexible team player who adapts well.
- Meticulous nature and good attention to detail.
- Ability to analyse problems and recommend actionable suggestions for change.
Location: Prague, CR or Tilburg, The Netherlands
Start date: ASAP
Job type: Full-time/ Permanent
#GLaccounting #generalledger #accountingjobs #jobsinprague #jobsinthenetherlands
Temporary Staffing | Czech Republic
Slovanský dům, Na Příkopě 859/22, 110 00 Praha 1, Czech Republic
Mob: (+420) 725 788 390
By answering this advertisement or sending your CV and other personal materials, you consent to the collecting, processing, and storage of your personal data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679.