A tech startup from London, with a branch in Prague 1, is revolutionizing the world of data analytics. They leverage vast data, advanced analytics, and machine learning to deliver powerful insights that put decision-makers a step ahead.
Detailed role description:
• Design and build data pipelines to support data science and data engineering projects following software engineering best practices.
• Use state-of-the-art technologies to acquire, ingest and transform big datasets.
• Map data fields to hypothesis, curate, wrangle and prepare data for advanced analytics models.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer sciences
• At least 1 year of experience working in a data engineering role
• Can build data pipelines in Python; can implement ETL, data orchestration, data streaming tools and frameworks
• Explore ways to enhance data quality and reliability
• Expertise in SQL and data analysis; experience with Python programming language
• Passionate about Agile software processes, data-driven development, reliability and experimentation
• Experience working on a collaborative agile product team
• Self-motivated with strong problem-solving and learning skills
• Flexibility to changes in work direction as the project develops
• Excellent communication, listening and influencing skills
Skills and experience that are an advantage
• Demonstrates basic knowledge of CI/CD principles and tools
• Proficient in containerisation in Docker
• Conceptual knowledge of data and analytics such as dimensional modeling, ETL, reporting tools, data governance, data warehousing, structured and unstructured data
• Big data development experience using Hive, Impala, Spark and familiarity with Kafka preferred