As a Application Performance Monitoring Lead you will be the strategic leader of the Elastic Application Performance Monitoring (APM) function & ultimately accountable for the successful fulfilment of its purpose. Being responsible for leading the design, development and delivery of the Elastic APM capability. Elastic APM provides the real-time monitoring & full visibility of the application landscape to help operations teams observe the performance of IT services and proactively identify issues.
Our client is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us.
What will you be doing?
• You will be accountable for the successful execution of the roadmap & contribute to the multi-year product strategy and product roadmap that aligns to the business strategy
• Leading the design and delivery the Elastic APM and Observability capabilities
• Delivering self-service capabilities and automations to deploy APM for target applications
• Assisting application teams to deploy and configure Elastic APM across multiple hosting platforms
• You will be driving the use of new features both internally and across consumers in an efficient way
What we’re looking for:
• Solid understanding of complex enterprise organisational infrastructure and architecture environments
• Experienced in building project plans and managing risks, issues and dependencies.
• Experience in Application Performance Monitoring or Observability tools (Elastic, Splunk, AppDynamics, Wily, ITRS, NewRelic etc).
• Experience in cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, OpenShift or Kubernetes is a great advantage
• Exceptional in DevOps tools such as Jenkins for CI/CD, Chef/Ansible for deployment and Git for source control is advantage
• Any programming skills would be an asset