Our client is building new IT hub in Prague and looking for QA Team Leader. Product of the client is a software, which helps make a magical experience for fans to get fair prices, fraud prevention, guaranteed entry & flexible ticketing options and for rights-holders get control of secondary ticketing revenue, data ownership, postponement solutions & the ability to always be on sale.
As a Team Lead Quality Engineer, you'll be working with development teams, you are key in the improvement of quality, speeding up development time, and shipping better products more consistently. In an Agile development environment, you are working directly with developers on innovative projects and outstanding products, whilst collaborating with product managers, designers and support engineers.
You're a great fit for this position if you want to help ship awesome software, not just prevent poor software from being released!
We are looking for someone who is not only a champion of product quality but also understands risks related to people and processes.
The outcomes of this role include:
- The team reports increased confidence in product quality
- The team understands their level of product, process, and people risk
- The team is able to measure and gain insights into improvements to the product quality
In this role, you'll get the chance to:
- Lead quality strategy for the group of projects and initiatives, develop test plans.
- Own Bug Triage process for the Journey Org: Journey receives a fairly large number of inbound bug reports, which must be triaged and assigned to product team owners.
- Manage the team of QA/AQA engineers, assign QA/AQA engineers to projects
- Advocate for Quality initiatives across projects, engaging with Product Managers and development teams
- Own quality KPIs and OKRs for the team, and be responsible for regular quality reporting and planning
- Mentor Dev/QA on Quality best practices and test strategies
To achieve the above, most of the following experience is a must:
- QA support for an end-to-end product or feature development (includes contributing to the acceptance criteria, assessing and flagging risks)
- Different forms of testing (unit, integration, acceptance, exploratory)
- Defining QA processes for a project team
- Define quality goals in a project or team and measure these
- Designing and/or implementing simple solutions (process improvement, tooling, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
The following skills/experience are a plus:
- Leading initiatives with a group of people
- Improving the CI/CD process (e.g. integrating automated tests and other checks)
- Developing automated tests or small software projects in any language
- Knowledge in the following technologies: AWS, Python, Kafka, Postgres.
For our employees we compensate:
- Medical services (a contract with "LODE" centre)
- Tickets to live events (concerts, festivals, theatre performances)
- Education (IT and language courses)
- Flexible working hours and vacation policy
- A mature team of people who realize that work-life balance requires rigor, discipline, and internal organization.
- Creative and product-driven environment. If you have an interesting engineering idea, we are open to discussing it and potentially acting on it
- 6 sick days per year
- Bonus program for significant events in employees' life
- Awesome opportunities to occasionally interact with all walks of life in the music industry.