For our client, a London based technology company that will revolutionise the Insurance and Banking industry, we are searching for an experienced Senior Data Scientist.
Client is on its journey to become the Smart Data Analytics Platform of choice for Financial Services professionals globally. The Platform gives influential decision makers a competitive edge by ingesting a large number of data sources, structuring unstructured data, running advanced analytics and machine learning models to derive decision insights – in a World’s First Fully Integrated Solution.
A Data Scientist contributes by processing, analysing and synthesising information applied on a live client problem at scale.
The Data Scientist will develop machine learning models to extract insights from both structured and unstructured data in areas such as NLP and Computer Vision. The role requires skills in both prototyping and developing individual solutions but also implementation and integration in a production environment.
• A university degree
• 5+ years of relevant experience in several areas of Data Mining, Classical Machine Learning, Deep Learning, NLP and computer vision
• Experience with Large Scale/ Big Data technology, such as Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Impala
• Hands-on capability developing ML models using open-source frameworks in Python and R and applying them on real client use cases
• Proficient in one of the deep learning stacks such as PyTorch or Tensorflow
• Working knowledge of parallelisation and async paradigms in Python, Spark, Dask, Apache Ray
• An awareness and interest in economic, financial and general business concepts and terminology
• Strong problem-solving, analytical and quantitative skills