Our client, an American manufacturer, marketer and distributor of consumer and commercial products, is seeking an experienced GL Accountant to be based in Prague, The Czech Republic or Tilburg, The Netherlands. Primary focus of this role is accounting and related processes for EMEA entities. In this position you will be accountable for the accuracy of the balance sheet of designated entities / business segment. You will actively collaborate with the team, ensuring all activities in the closing cycle are completed.
GL Accountant Responsibilities:
- Prepare monthly journal entries including accruals, prepaid expenses, fixed asset additions and depreciation, bank fees and other miscellaneous transactions.
- Perform and review monthly account reconciliations and balance sheet analysis for accounts including cash, accrued liabilities, prepaid expenses, other assets, and other liabilities.
- Perform regular reviews of P&L accounts to identify any trends, errors, or omissions.
- Ensure accounts are properly reconciled with documentation to support account balances in adherence to Newell Policies.
- Maintain the Customer program subledgers, analyze the P&L and Balance sheet movements, collaborate with business finance, and reconcile the accounts.
- Support the General Ledger team by actively participating in the monthly, quarterly and year end closing process.
- Partner with different departments within the organization to ensure accurate and timely reporting of expenses and accruals.
- Assist in supporting internal and external audit requests as needed.
- Review large and/or complex entries for process improvement opportunities and make recommendations to local management.
- Participate in several ad-hoc projects, integrations, and company’ initiatives.
- Assist new team members with train and support allowing a smooth integration and transitions of tasks.
GL Accountant Requirements:
- Financial and/or Management Accountant with an accountancy degree or equivalent accountancy qualifications.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
GL Accountant Preferred Requirements:
- Minimum 2-3 years accounting experience (within an international or multi-subsidiary environment would be advantageous).
- US GAAP/SOX knowledge.
- Accounting experience within an international or multi-subsidiary environment.
- Knowledge of SAP and Blackline or other comparable financial packages.
GL Accountant Soft skills:
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritise work.
- A flexible team player who adapts well to new developments.
- Pro-active attitude about possible improvements to administration.
- Meticulous nature and good attention to detail.
- Ability to analyse problems and recommend actionable suggestions for change.
Location: Prague, The Czech Republic or Tilburg, The Netherlands
Start date: ASAP
Job type: Full-time/ Permanent
#GLaccounting #generalledger #accountingjobs #jobsinprague #jobsinthenetherlands
If you are interested in this opportunity and you believe you can be a right fit for this position, please send us your resume.
Temporary Staffing | Czech Republic
Slovanský dům, Na Příkopě 859/22, 110 00 Praha 1, Czech Republic
Mob: (+420) 725 788 390
By answering this advertisement or sending your CV and other personal materials, you consent to the collecting, processing, and storage of your personal data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679.