Our client is a technology platform for venues and event owners to take control of their ticketing experience, giving them tools they need to keep their venues full and their fans happy. Our client is an extension of the primary box office and seamlessly integrates with the primary ticketer, reducing fraud, driving down no-show rates and delivering real savings to fans.
The team manages two native mobile applications and the backend powering the sync APIs and the data. The mobile apps currently use Kotlin (with a possible move to ReactNative shortly), as well as Xamarin. The backend is powered by .Net with the team managing the infrastructure on Azure. Here’s the full tech stack:
- .Net 5.0
- ASP.NET Core using Razor syntax
- GitHub actions are being used for CI
- Firebase Auth / RTDB (management directly + use in Xamarin)
- Google Cloud Functions with Firebase RTDB
- Mobile app written in Kotlin
- Mobile app using Xamarin
The opportunity for this role is to lead and grow a team of talented engineers. As a Team Lead, you will:
- Manage and grow a team of engineers with diverse skills in mobile and web development.
- Work very closely with the Product and Engineering teams to own and deliver exciting, game-changing projects within an exciting, fast moving industry
- Work to design, develop and maintain high standards for software development (as this is still a ~60% hands-on role)
- Work with key stakeholders and the PM through the software development lifecycle to determine requirements.
- Reasonably challenge business requirements, always focussing on what is the best solution for our end users and clients
- Lead on post delivery performance analytics and enhancement opportunities, ensuring products and services don’t degrade, but instead are consistently reviewed and improved.
- Need to plan for some travel to attend events world-wide and experience the products you have developed first hand. We believe this first-hand experience is crucial in creating great products.
- Also be responsible and available for supporting the performance of your products in well defined, pre-planned schedules.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- You have at least 1 year of experience leading and managing a team of engineers
- You have strong development skills across the .Net technology stack - C#, ASP.Net MVC
- You have a good knowledge of SQL and database design
- You're proactive with a keen desire to take ownership of projects
- You're collaborative with great communication and interpersonal skills
- You have experience working with highly scalable systems
- You have a good understanding of OO concepts and SOLID design principles
- You have experience working with automated regression testing as well as unit testing and TDD
- Some experience with or openness to working with Python is a big plus, as it is used by other teams across the company.
- Experience of Continuous Delivery and Automated Deployment environment using tools such as GitHub actions or Azure DevOps
- Experience of developing using public cloud, ideally Microsoft Azure and Terraform
- Experience of mobile development using ReactNative, Kotlin or Xamarin