The Project Buyer is responsible with deploying the sourcing strategies for all the categories in his/her portfolio, to ensure progressive planning and implementation of quality, delivery responsiveness and cost-competitive activities of suppliers. The Product Buyer is co-responsible for source selection, negotiations, and monitoring of the supplier performance, and will participate in developing and deploying the Sourcing and Supply Chain AOP and LRP for the assigned categories. Monitor and directly impact supplier behavior and activities to maintain continuous improvement in the supplier’s delivery of products and value-added strategic sourcing solutions to the business.
On the categories in his/her portfolio for the assigned plant or plants:
• Participate in developing Sourcing targets for the assigned categories and deploying best practices in category sourcing
• Follow and guarantee the best achievements of cost, quality, and service targets of the suppliers
• Participate to the suppliers’ evaluation and selection, through the nomination committee process, and risk management
• Drive and follow up all productivity subjects in order to achieve AOP targets
• Identify and report potential risk in savings forecasts in a timely manner to allow gap closure plans to be implemented.
• Identify savings or innovation opportunities that benefit the company (not necessarily limited to the plant or the region)
• Deploy the best sourcing strategy in cooperation with the Integrated Supply Chain Manager.
• Guarantee the deployment of supply agreements with the suppliers
• Openly report the achievements and potential opportunities of his/her categories to his/her manager
• Get from the suppliers the best innovation ideas
• Analyze supplier markets
• Negotiate with the suppliers
• Drive Make or Buy studies
• Practice Kaizen (Continuous Improvement): e.g., challenge internal processes and procedures where inefficiency is created; question the status quo when colleagues block progress
• 1-5 years of experience in Sourcing/Procurement
• ·Strong negotiator with expertise in legal terms and conditions
• A broad understanding of sourcing trends
• Result driven, business Focus
• Strong presentation skills
• Cross functional teamwork
• Demands a great deal of finesse, salesmanship, and negotiation skills
Difficulties & area of focus when carrying out job (position):
· Significant planning and analysis tools for Sourcing reviews.
• Ability and understanding of technical requirement/ application of purchased components/systems within DICE product.
• Ability to cooperate as a team member
• Monitor and directly impact supplier behavior and activities to maintain continuous improvement in the supplier’s delivery of products to the factory.
WHY WORK WITH OUR CLIENT?
• International working teams (colleagues from 32 different countries)
• Dynamic, inspirational, and innovative working environment
• An opportunity to be a part of a global market leader
• Possibility for further personal and professional development
• Many different trainings and development opportunities
• Career growth through internal mobility