Our client, US software company, is recognized as a premier provider of SaaS-based application security solutions, transforming the way companies secure applications in today’s software driven world.
Currently Reed is building new IT hub in Prague and we are looking for an experienced Technical Product Manager who has experience building cloud native applications in an Agile environment.
You will serve as the stakeholder proxy to the Engineering team, helping our Agile delivery teams in decomposing Epics and Features into actionable, validated user stories, and engaging deeply in the Agile development process. Working as part of the Product Management team, you will work with internal and external stakeholders to define and prioritize a detailed product backlog, establish story acceptance criteria, drive content via prioritized user stories and obtain customer validation and accept stories.
Key Aspects of Role
- Assist in building customer and user insights into all stages of the planning and execution process, ensuring the continuous validation of features and stories with customers and users
- Build feedback loops between the Agile team and various internal and external stakeholders
- Proactively analyze, report, and recommend changes to the product based on data from feedback loops
- Participate in Services and Sales Engineering technical enablement sessions
- Advocate for the customer when making trade-offs or prioritization decisions
- Analyze data to understand how customers are using the product and identify pain points
- Define acceptance criteria and success criteria for the team backlog
- Work closely with senior Product Managers to help realize a product strategy and roadmap
- Define Technical Product Management best practices and standards
- Work with other Product Owners to build a community of practice that incorporates strong Agile and Lean principles
- Demonstrate empathy in communicating and interacting with colleagues, internal stakeholders and customers.
- Understanding and familiarity with Cloud Native and 12 Factor Principles, Microservices, Lean Principles, DevOps, Test Driven Development (TDD), Extreme Programming (XP), Observability / Monitoring
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or related field, or relevant industry experience is required.
- Five years’ experience as a Product Owner or Technical Product Manager in an Agile environment delivering cloud native applications
- Familiarity with open source community and ecosystem - developer evangelism is a plus
- Hands-on experience writing and releasing commercial software for developers as main users
- Technical knowledge of Linux, command line, Docker containers and Kubernetes
- Experience with software development processes and environments, build systems and CI/CD pipelines
- Experience in defining the criteria for acceptable solutions (scale, performance, reliability, documentation, ease-of-use, etc.) and able to communicate and be responsive to a distributed, global team through multiple communication channels