For our client, an international company focusing on audio, visual and digital entertainment with a middle-sized shared service centre in Prague, we are seeking an experienced R2R Accountant. This role is for an independent accountant with knowledge of GL processes and Czech accounting standards.
What will be your responsibilities?
- Oversee, guide, and support accounting issue resolutions related to Czech branch and its statutory accounts
- Improve local Internal Control Framework as the foundation for high-quality reporting and compliance.
- Prepare the local statutory accounts filings in an accurate, complete, and timely manner
- Provide recommendations for improving the quality of financial reporting for branch accounts
- Responsible for the correct Month End Closing, connected reporting, and the entire accounting process
- Monthly preparation and posting of JVs associated with personal costs and other costs, as well as verification of posted invoices in relation to accruals
- Examine the accuracy of books based on IFRS (particularly IFRS 16) and internal accounting rules
- Creating and posting Journal Vouchers for postings related to book correction, manage reversal postings
- Creating and posting correction postings to correct validation errors
- Clearing of accounts with “open items management” status
- Performing of internal quality checks including preparation relevant documentation of the process
- Monthly and quarterly reporting according based on internal and external requirements
- Analysis and processing of tasks related to travel expenses for the branch
- Providing reconciliation and supporting documentation of balances for GL accounts as per assignment
- Fixed assets – activities like: reporting packages, depreciation, scrapping of assets, asset activation/deactivation, monthly reconciliation, impairment recording, fixed asset count
- Prepare appropriate audit documentation for internal and external audit branch books and statutory accounts, as well as take part in ad hoc projects
Who is the ideal candidate?
- 4+ years of relevant complex accounting experience
- Strong knowledge of CAS/ IFRS and experience in preparing statutory accounts
- English on advanced level
- University degree, ideally in finance/ accounting/ economics
- Advanced in Excel (v-look up, pivot table, advanced functions), SAP knowledge would be great to have
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Eye for detail, punctuality and the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Capable of working in a fast-paced environment
What can we offer to you?
- Dynamic company with strong brand products on the market
- Interesting accounting role with complex scope, local controller and part of finance team
- International environment of middle size European SSC within friendly team where proactivity, initiative and search for better ways of working and improvements are valued
- Competitive remuneration package, wide range of benefits: discount on company products, contributions to the pension insurance, transport allowance, meal tickets, 4 sick days, 26 days of holidays, Multisport card
- Attractive work location in Prague 7
- Hybrid working possibilities