For our client, an international company focusing on audio, visual and digital entertainment with a middle-sized shared service centre in Prague, we are seeking an experienced R2R Accountant. This role is for an independent accountant with knowledge of GL processes.
What will be your responsibilities?
- Oversee, guide, and support accounting issue resolutions related to Czech branch and its statutory accounts
- Improve local Internal Control Framework as the foundation for high-quality reporting and compliance.
- Prepare the local statutory accounts filings in an accurate, complete, and timely manner
- Provide recommendations for improving the quality of financial reporting for branch accounts
- Responsible for the correct Month End Closing, connected reporting, and the entire accounting process
- Monthly preparation and posting of JVs associated with personal costs and other costs, as well as verification of posted invoices in relation to accruals
- Examine the accuracy of books based on IFRS (particularly IFRS 16) and internal accounting rules
- Creating and posting Journal Vouchers for postings related to book correction, manage reversal postings
- Creating and posting correction postings to correct validation errors
- Clearing of accounts with “open items management” status
- Performing of internal quality checks including preparation relevant documentation of the process
- Monthly and quarterly reporting according based on internal and external requirements
- Analysis and processing of tasks related to travel expenses for the branch
- Providing reconciliation and supporting documentation of balances for GL accounts as per assignment
- Fixed assets – activities like: reporting packages, depreciation, scrapping of assets, asset activation/deactivation, monthly reconciliation, impairment recording, fixed asset count
- Prepare appropriate audit documentation for internal and external audit branch books and statutory accounts, as well as take part in ad hoc projects
Who is the ideal candidate?
- 4+ years of relevant complex accounting experience
- Strong knowledge of CAS/ IFRS and experience in preparing statutory accounts
- English on advanced level
- University degree, ideally in finance/ accounting/ economics
- Advanced in Excel (v-look up, pivot table, advanced functions), SAP knowledge would be great to have
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Eye for detail, punctuality and the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Capable of working in a fast-paced environment
What can we offer to you?
- Dynamic company with strong brand products on the market
- Interesting accounting role with complex scope, local controller and part of finance team
- International environment of middle size European SSC within friendly team where proactivity, initiative and search for better ways of working and improvements are valued
- Competitive remuneration package, wide range of benefits: discount on company products, contributions to the pension insurance, transport allowance, meal tickets, 4 sick days, 26 days of holidays, Multisport card
- Attractive work location in Prague 7
- Hybrid working possibilities
LOCATION: Prague 7
Do you have the skills to be the next highly independent R2R Accountant? Send us your CV in English!