The Data Engineer will work on implementing efficient data solutions to support various internal customers, but with a particular focus on Data Science and machine learning projects. He or she will contribute to the effectiveness of advanced analytics by building database components, developing data pipelines and other automation tasks. We are looking for a self-driven professional who enjoys working with data and solving business challenges.
- Collaborate with Data Scientists, Analysts and other stakeholders in understanding business requirements and delivering data analytics projects.
- Develop and deploy end to end data analytics solutions including data modelling, data integration and various process automation
- Development of data pipelines software to blend complex data from various internal sources or 3rd party systems
- Extract and assemble meaning full data sets to be consumed directly in machine learning models, diagnostic/ descriptive analytics, reports etc.
- Pro-active enhancement & maintenance of existing data platform and ecosystem, i.e. system configuration, performance optimization, monitoring of data pipelines, operational support for users etc.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience as Data engineer, DWH/ETL developer, BI engineer or similar analytics development role
- Expert knowledge of SQL, ability to assemble meaningful data sets from complex high volume sources
- Good programming skills and experience with at least one major general purpose programming language such as Java,C++, C#, Python(preferred) etc
- Knowledge of relational and NoSQL databases, big data platforms, DB / DWH modelling principles
- Quality oriented individual, active team player with a self starter attitude, eager to learn new technologies
- Bachelor's degree in an IT related field or relevant work experience in a similar role
Would be an advantage:
- Advanced skills in Python
- MPP columnar platforms
- Experience with data science focused projects & MLOps lifecycle
- Server configuration and maintenance, Linux and Windows
- Docker containers