My client is a market leader in the research and development of next generation vehicle powertrain systems. The company has had a number of successes and have been involved in some high profile technology roll-outs to major clients within the sector. Having been acquired by a major multinational the company is moving into its next phase of development and as part of this they are growing their team of engineers.
In view of this expansion they are seeking a SENIOR MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER with a background in mechanical design and knowledge of Lithium Ion battery cells to join the business.
The company is looking for an experienced mechanical designer to create special propose components to be utilised in electric and hybrid power projects for their clients. Some of these projects involve retrofitting the company's products into existing vehicles and adapting designs in order to meet a high number of criteria. You will be responsible for ensuring that the designs meet DFM criteria, so you will need to demonstrate thorough knowledge of manufacturing in sheet materials, machining components and welding. You will also are competent in performing DFMEA analysis to evaluate your designs and ensure they are fit for purpose and reliable.
As much of this is an R&D post you will be looking at taking your designs from concept all the way through to manufacture. Components can be manufactured overseas so you will need to be able to demonstrate experience in communicating your needs with overseas suppliers as well as UK suppliers.
To be considered the company is looking for the following Criteria:
- Honours degree level education in mechanical engineering
- Excellent knowledge of 3D design software (ideally Autodesk Inventor)
- 5 years+ in mechanical design utilising DFMEA techniques and appropriate software, ideally with exposure to an R&D environment
- Good understanding of mechanical manufacturing using a variety of materials including plastics, metals, sheet materials, welding techniques, machining etc.
- Candidates need to demonstrate the right to work in the UK. Candidates who are already working in the UK with current Tier 2 sponsorship may also be considered.
Mechanical engineers with knowledge and experience of of industrial battery technology and E-vehicle transmission applications are especially encouraged to apply.
In return the company /offers a generous basic salary and any other benefits in keeping with a high technology business.
Please apply online with your most up to date CV and a cover letter explaining why you would be an excellent candidate for this role.
I look forward to hearing from you!