Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Competitive Salary & Benefits Package
A fantastic career opportunity for Senior Mechanical Design Engineers to join a specialist and industry leading Engineering company who offer fantastic career progression opportunities.
To be considered for this role you must have:
- Experience in 2D & 3D CAD Design (Solidworks desirable)
- Experience in electro-mechanical design of ruggedised equipment OR electronics repacking OR robotics in highly regulated industries
- Ability to obtain SC clearance - (Therefore you must be a UK resident for at least 5 years)
Our client is a successful, well-established, and growing engineering company. They are specialists within the design and build of special purpose bespoke machinery and mechanical equipment for use in a highly regulated environments. They are an industry leading company, having a fantastic engineering team who are experts in their field and offer excellent opportunities for career progression.
Role & Responsibilities
- To produce concept to detail engineering designs and associated engineering documents (such as
- drawings, calculations, reports) and ensure they are completed within the required
- Peer review and checking of detailed manufacturing information
- Preparation of substantiating calculations (ideally to BS EN 13001 or Eurocode)
- Peer review and checking of substantiating calculations
- Preparation of supporting documentation i.e. Operation and Maintenance Instructions, Factory Acceptance
- Tests and Installation Method Statements
- Supporting the company during multi-disciplinary project reviews
- To progress small and medium sized engineering projects, as allocated or working as part
- of a team on larger projects. In both cases, most work should be carried out with minimal
- supervision, but with regular consultation with the Head of Development or other team
- Project work, in addition to design, will include all aspects of the design process such as
- draughting and testing of products, as well as other organizational tasks as deemed
- appropriate in order to ensure timely progress of projects being worked on.
- Degree, HNC/HND Qualification within a relevant engineering discipline
- IEng (desirable)
- Experience in concept and detail design engineering
- Experience in electro-mechanical design of ruggedised equipment / electronics repacking / Robotics in highly regulated industries.
- Industries preferred such as: Defence/Military, Nuclear, Pharma, Oil & Gas Etc...
- Must be eligible to obtain security clearance
- 2D & 3DCAD / Autocad & Solidworks ideally
- Conversant with working to international standards
- Strong analytical, mathematical and engineering calculations ability
- Good reporting skills
- Competitive salary dependant on skills and experience
- 25 days Annual holiday (plus Bank Holidays & other holiday benefits)
- Excellent opportunities for career progression
- Excellent Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Private Healthcare
- Flexible working
- Relocation package
If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity and you have the required experience, please apply with your up to date CV right away.