CALLING ALL PURCHASING MANAGERS
I am currently working exclusively with a Manufacturing client based in Colchester. I am recruiting a Purchasing Manager/Purchasing Supervisor. This person will report directly into the Purchasing Director.
You will be responsible for aspects of procurement of direct and indirect goods at site level with the objective of achieving world class service levels.
Key Duties and responsibilities:
- To develop and implement robust processes with internal and external suppliers to ensure that the manufacturing operations are fully supported at all times in order to meet SLA's in line with business and customer expectations
- Secure supplies of materials and services in line with business needs, at competitive prices
- Manage the integration of new suppliers into the business, creating SLA's for each key supplier to enable efficient ongoing management.
- Manage the supply base, consolidating procurement activity to a reduced number of active suppliers
- Maintain the database of all current supplier contracts, pricing and SLA's and ensure that these are beneficial and appropriate
- Improve working capital and manufacturing efficiencies through optimisation of stock levels, storage strategies and supplier terms.
- Responsible for the tracking and actioning of slow moving and obsolete stock through SAP in addition to the day to day stock accuracy.
- In conjunction with commercial team, to manage all customer liaison interface in a professional manner in line with business principles and objectives
- To ensure that KPI data is distributed in a timely manner, in appropriate format to deliver awareness of performance, drive improvements and professionally manage business performance
- Ensure excellent communication with all suppliers to ensure consistency of approach and ongoing performance improvement.
- Using OE Tools, develop and execute performance improvement initiatives
- Manage and develop a focused and professional supply chain team with a breadth of skills, capabilities, attitudes and understanding that meets the needs of the business
- Manage all customer liaison interface in a professional manner in line with business principles and objectives
- To ensure best in class standards are attained with regard to all relevant business processes; that all processes are documented and can be used as a training tool for existing and new employees
- To manage the indirect reports with procurement activity by providing: direction and guidance on workload and tasking; managing performance and providing effective feedback; identifying training needs and delivering coaching and training as appropriate; any other management tasking as required.
- To liaise with the Purchasing and Legal teams and complete projects and tenders in a professional manner i
- Ability to generate a clear analytical framework for decision making, problem solving and root cause analysis
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven Management, leadership and coaching skills, with the ability to motivate and influence
- Experience of manufacturing processes is highly desirable
- Assertive behaviour allowing influencing through negotiation
What you will receive in return:
- Free Parking
- 28 Days holiday each year
- Company pension
- Cash plan
- The opportunity to work with a rapidly growing and successful business
If you have experience in this area and are interested in this position, please apply by clicking on the link below