My client is an established manufacturer and installer of specialist equipment used in the Environmental, Processing and Oil & Gas industries. This independent company prides itself on supplying bespoke equipment to their customers working closely with other engineering professionals to provide efficient and cost effective solutions.
As part of a succession plan The company is seeking to hire a LEAD PROJECT ENGINEER to join the team.
Initially you will work alongside the current Lead Project Engineer on a variety of projects for various clients in the process industries. You will take each project from inception to completion, eventually heading up and directing the small team of project engineers on the completion of the succession plan. The work will draw on a wide range of your skills from creating electrical schematics and arrangement drawings in autoCAD which could include P&ID drawings. to on site commissioning duties. You will also prepare method statements, risk assessments, BOM's and be involved in the procurement process.
There is a lot of variety in this role, so the company is looking for someone who can be flexible and doesn't mind getting involved in "hands on" work if required. No two days are ever the same which will make the role engaging and challenging in equal measure. Project managers have been know to work in the workshop at times so the company is looking for someone who is not precious about titles. This is a real team environment.
Overall you need to be a self starter who can demonstrate that he has taken ownership for a project from inception to completion and not scared to get your hands dirty!
To be considered you must demonstrate:
- Previous experience as a project engineer, project manager or similar from within an M&E, process engineering, automation or similar industry
- Experience of creating both electrical and mechanical drawings in AutoCad or similar
- Happy to work in both office and workshop situations
- Have previous experience of leading and directing a team
- Flexible nature and the ability to work on different projects with occasionally conflicting priorities
- Happy to occasionally spend nights out on commissioning and installation work (2-3 nights per month average)
- Full UK drivers licence with no more than three penalty points.
- Ability to work in the UK without sponsorship
It would be an advantage (but not essential) if you had IEE 17th / 18th edition wiring regs and alternatively Compex Training.
In return the company offers a generous basic salary, overtime rates (whilst on site) 20 days paid holiday, free parking on site. Office hours of 9am-5pm whilst at the Bedford headquarters.
Apply online sending your CV and a covering letter explaining why you should be considered for the job
I look forward to hearing from you.