Mechanical Design Engineer
Competitive Salary & Benefits Package
A fantastic career opportunity for Mechanical Design Engineers to join a specialist and industry leading Engineering company who offer fantastic career progression opportunities.
To be considered for this role you must have:
- Experience in 2D & 3D CAD Design (Solidworks desirable)
- Experience designing heavy industrial equipment / bespoke machinery for use within a highly regulated sector
- Ability to obtain SC clearance - (Therefore you must be a UK resident for at least 5 years)
Our client is a successful, well-established, and growing engineering company. They are specialists within the design and build of special purpose bespoke machinery and mechanical equipment for use in a highly regulated environments. They are an industry leading company, having a fantastic engineering team who are experts in their field and offer excellent opportunities for career progression.
Role & Responsibilities
- To produce engineering designs and associated engineering documents (such as drawings, calculations, reports) and ensure they are completed within the required timescales.
- Creation of simple design solutions from outline concepts
- To issue engineering documents as required.
- To assist in general clerical and administrative duties to ensure the smooth running of the Engineering Department.
- To progress small and medium sized engineering projects, as allocated or working as part of a team on larger projects. In both cases, most work should be carried out with minimal supervision, but with regular consultation with the Head of Development or other team members.
- Project work, in addition to design, will include all aspects of the design process such as draughting and testing of products, as well as other organizational tasks as deemed appropriate in order to ensure timely progress of projects being worked on.
- Degree, HNC/HND Qualification within a relevant engineering discipline
- Experience in concept and detail design engineering
- Experience in the design of special purpose machinery / bespoke industrial equipment for use within a highly regulated industry will be preferred such as: Defence/Military, Nuclear, Pharma, Oil & Gas Etc...
- Must be eligible to obtain security clearance
- 2D & 3DCAD / Autocad & Solidworks ideally
- Good reporting skills
- Competitive salary dependant on skills and experience
- 25 days Annual holiday (plus Bank Holidays & other holiday benefits)
- Excellent opportunities for career progression
- Excellent Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Private Healthcare
- Flexible working
- Relocation package
If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity and you have the required experience, please apply with your up to date CV right away.