Our client is a multinational business with offices in Europe and the USA. They are one of the market leaders in high technology, cutting edge manufacturing equipment, servicing a wealth of industries throughout the world. The equipment is utilised in both rapid prototyping and production for many industries but this includes F1 motorsports all the way to aerospace applications. The company has an established facility close to Beaconsfield and they are seeking an experienced "hands on" mechanical engineer to join their team.
MAINTENANCE ENGINEER (Days)
Are you looking for a role where no two days are the same and you are constantly challenged, keeping up with new developments in manufacturing? My client might be interested in speaking to you!
Due to an internal promotion the company is seeking a HND qualified mechanical engineer who could service and maintain the company's range of cutting edge manufacturing equipment. The role would include looking after a range of equipment, carrying out PPM, maintenance and fault finding on these machines, ensuring that production remains optimised and downtime is kept to a minimum, so you need to be versatile and quick thinking and have a systematic approach to solving problems, even on equipment you may not of seen before.
You will be the sole maintenance engineer in a small teams of technicians and engineers so you will need to be a self starter with good organisational skills and the ability to organise your own time. I will guarantee there will be some equipment you will have not seen before, so you need to have the confidence and ability to learn about new equipment sometimes through consulting manuals and gathering your own information.
Prospects with this company are excellent with opportunities to develop into other roles such as process engineering and potential to travel subject to the relaxation of Covid restrictions.
To be considered you will need to demonstrate:
- A recognised engineering qualification to HND level (HNC may be considered subject to relevant experience)
- Experience of the service and maintenance on high speed machinery, machine tools or similar
- Good knowledge of mechanical engineering and the ability to fault find on electrical systems
- Examples of self learning either within or outside of a working environment
- The ability to have a flexible nature and not be "precious" about titles / responsibility.
In return the company offers
- a competitive basic salary based on experience
- 25 days paid holiday, pension
- company bonus (up to 4%)
- Matched pension (to 5%)
- private healthcare (with options for spouse and dependants)
- Life assurance.
Please apply on line with your latest CV and a cover letter explaining why you a re the best person for the role.
I look forward to hearing from you!