Are you a Maintenance Engineer with experience in the Food or Pharmaceutical industries?
Do you have strong fault finding and PPM skills?
REED Engineering are delighted to be representing a long-standing client once again in the Reading area. This is a brand-new role due to the client’s continued growth as a business where you will work closely with one of the business’s directors. This is a key hire because it would be the first instance of my client recruiting a dedicated maintenance engineer, with this being a team they will look to grow in the future. There will be opportunities for natural progression as the business consistently grows making this a great opportunity for someone with long-term goals. Please see below for responsibilities and skills required:
• Managing the GMP and laboratory facilities and equipment – ideal to have worked with actual manufacturing equipment and machinery e.g., mixers and pumps.
• PPM and reactive maintenance of GMP and lab equipment, keeping down-time to an absolute minimum.
• Being the first point of contact for staff to report faults and issues, fault finding and finding resolutions.
• Continuous improvement initiatives to make machinery processes more efficient.
• Strong document control skills, essential in a highly regulated industry.
• Liaising with external engineers, ensuring that all contractors that work with GMP and labs are adhering to the relevant working practices.
• Experience in Food or Pharmaceutical sectors (GMP).
• Experience maintaining manufacturing equipment such as mixers, tablet presses, pumps etc.
• Multi-Skilled Engineering qualification (desirable).
• Document control - completion of QI’s, CC’s, CAPA’s.
• Ability to fault find and perform necessary machinery repairs within a GMP environment and contributing with continuous improvement practices and methods.
Working Hours and Benefits:
• Monday – Friday, flexi time with core hours 10am-4pm. 7.5-hour days with a 30 min break e.g., 8am-4pm or 10am-6pm.
• 30 days annual leave with extra leave on Christmas, Boxing Day, and New Year’s Day.
• Private healthcare.
• Other schemes include: Private Dental, Cycle to work, Death in service, mental health support and access to Perkbox for discounts and special offers.
• Can openly pursue internal opportunities to keep you within my client’s ‘family’ of employees – once onboard their priority is keeping you and ensuring you are in a department that makes you most happy.
Salary bandings are between £35,000 - £42,000 per annum + discretionary bonus. When contacted it is expected you give details of your current salary package (excluding overtime) and justify your expectations for this role.
On this occasion, you must be eligible to work in the UK to apply now. My client is not able to sponsor candidate without eligibility to work in the UK.
Please apply today to be considered immediately, I look forward to receiving your application!