|Lokalita: COLERAINE, COUNTY DERRY||Mzda: 9.00 - 9.01 GBP Per Hour|
|Sector: Scientific||Typ pozice: Dočasná práce|
|Shift Type: N/A||Aplikace: 1|
|Přidáno před: 9 dny||Referenční číslo: 3117254|
Temporary Position initially until the 15th December 2017.
Full time Mon-Thursday 9am-5pm Friday 9am-4.30pm
The post-holder will provide technical support in the Biomedical Sciences Research Institute and undertake the provision of a range of laboratory support activities within the faculty. This will involve assistance with routine maintenance of equipment, routine microbiological and laboratory duties and collecting and maintaining records. The post-holder will be required to assist with the day-to-day running of all aspects of the research laboratories within the Nutrition Innovation Centre for food and Health (NICHE) and work as part of a team.
1. To undertake the operation of basic equipment primarily within NICHE and provide routine maintenance of research equipment and laboratory infrastructure, as directed.
2. To assist with the practical execution of research protocols with supervision from senior staff.
3. To ensure the laboratories are stocked with appropriate consumables and that relevant goods are ordered as necessary.
4. To assist with the routine operation of specialised and computerised equipment used in research and carried out within NICHE.
5. To undertake routine techniques associated with maintenance of basic laboratory equipment and infrastructure, as directed.
6. To maintain laboratory records and assist with the collection and provision of information for management purposes and ensure data and records are kept up to date and accurate.
7. To collect and transfer experimental or clinical material (or other resources) to/from other laboratories (other University/hospital departments, or other sites).
8. Provide basic back up cover to BBRU in general animal husbandry to include feeding, watering, cleaning and general care.
9. Any other duties appropriate to the grade and nature of the post.
- Four GCSEs or Equivalent to include English Language, Maths and Biology or Chemistry
- Evidence of ability to understand and follow Standard Operating Procedures.
- Evidence of practical experience of working in a laboratory environment.
- Evidence of having maintained and updated records.
- Knowledge and understanding of H&S requirements e.g. Manual Handling, COSHH and Risk Assessment.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of laboratory methodologies and basic scientific principles.
- Evidence of competency in the use of computer software programmes, eg: Excel, Word and Access.
- Evidence of good oral and written communication skills required for liaising with members of a bigger multidisciplinary team.
- Evidence of ability to work as part of a team.
- Evidence of ability to work on own initiative within departmental guidelines.
- Evidence of ability to provide basic written and/or oral scientific reports.
- Must hold a current valid Driving licence.
- Willingness to travel and work outside normal office hours in order to meet the needs of the post.
- Willing to undertake training related to BBRU/animal husbandry.
- Two A Levels or equivalent to include either Biology or Chemistry
- Experience of handling animals in a laboratory, husbandry or veterinary environment.
- Practical experience in Microbiological Techniques.
If interested and available for an immediate start please send updated CV to Claire Sheerin – Reed Belfast 02890330812
19000.00 - 21000.00 GBP Per Annum
READING, BERKSHIREPřečtěte si více
SHARNBROOK, BEDFORDSHIREPřečtěte si více
21000 - 23000 GBP Per Annum
HEREFORD ST. MARTINS, HEREFORDSHIREPřečtěte si více
CHESHIRE, NORTH WEST ENGLANDPřečtěte si více
SHEFFIELD, SOUTH YORKSHIREPřečtěte si více