|Lokalita: ABERYSTWYTH, DYFED||Mzda: 28000 - 30000 GBP Per Annum|
|Sector: Scientific||Typ pozice: Práce na živnostenský list|
|Shift Type: N/A||Aplikace: N/A|
|Přidáno před: 7 měsíci||Referenční číslo: 3069616|
Reed Scientific have an exciting opportunity for a Lab Manager
Responsible for ensuring the day-to-day organisation of an effective and efficient laboratory team. To ensure that all product testing & work activity is carried out in line with agreed testing schedules and in accordance with the Site’s Food Safety Quality Management (FSQM) System, which encompasses HACCP and the requirements of BRC, ISO 22000 standards.
• To manage the lab operatives in their day to day operations in both the main Process Control laboratory and Micro laboratory.
• To supervise methods of working to ensure both efficient and effective delivery in line with agreed parameters and according to test schedules.
• To organise and prioritise work duties in line with agreed testing schedules and the needs of operations, distinguishing quality/safety critical tasks.
• To implement and maintain a lab quality system and manual based on Standard Operating Procedures.
• To proactively review department work instructions to ensure they reflect current practices and are updated in the event of a change, engaging the site’s Change Control procedure.
• To attend and actively contribute to daily operations meetings.
• To play a supporting role to the Technical Manager and be responsible for driving high quality standards within the factory and promoting Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
• To carry out Hygiene, Housekeeping & Fabrication audits, reporting and following up on non-conformances identified.
• To ensure the daily release of finished products based on organoleptic and chemical testing (pH and viscosity), to identify and quarantine all non-conforming product and to inform relevant departments to prevent its inadvertent release/despatch.
• To ensure the daily positive release of products [based on accelerated shelf-life (ASL) test results] is carried out in a timely manner to enable the necessary corrective action to be taken in the event of a product failure.
• To monitor product attributes and quality results against defined standards and in the event of a non-conformance, carry out additional testing if appropriate to support investigation and corrective action.
• To identify process and product deviations and non-conformances and instigate the required corrective action to prevent the inadvertent release of non-conforming product or packaging.
• To monitor process conditions and carry out product sampling and testing to ensure compliance with statutory and site requirements.
• To achieve and maintain a multi-skilled and flexible lab team to meet the needs of the site.
• To identify the training needs of all team members, implement and maintain development plans and inform the Technical Manager and HR Manager of any training requirements deemed necessary to enhance an individual’s ability to undertake their duties or further enhance the service the lab team offers.
• To carry out ‘one to one’ meetings with all team members.
• To plan and organise staff rotas and holidays to ensure sufficient and suitable resource at all times appropriate to forecasted volumes to ensure testing requirements are met.
• To promote a positive “team” ethos.
• To ensure communication within the lab and quality function is developed and maintained at an effective level.
• To maintain close liaison and develop effective working relationships with all departments to ensure good communication and workflows.
• To monitor laboratory supplies and consumables, raising order requisitions to ensure continuity of supply. To place orders for cultures.
• To ensure the required internal calibration, cleaning and maintenance of laboratory equipment is carried out in line with the company’s FSQM System.
• Degree (or equivalent) Food Science or related subject area.
• Experience of working within the Quality, Technical or Operations function in the food industry sector.
• Laboratory Management/Supervisory experience.
• Food Safety Level 3.
• HACCP Level 2/Level 3.
• IOSH Managing Safely.
• Good organisation: ability to manage the team, establishing & setting objectives.
• Good oral & written communication skills.
• People development, coaching & motivating the team.
• Problem solving and decision making.
• Good numeracy, literacy and computer literacy skills.
• IT computer/presentation skills.
32000 - 38000 GBP Per Annum
READING, BERKSHIREPřečtěte si více
10.00 - 11.00 GBP Per Hour
READING, BERKSHIREPřečtěte si více
17000 - 17000 GBP Per Annum
CARDIFF, SOUTH GLAMORGANPřečtěte si více
8.5 - 8.5 GBP Per Hour
HEREFORD ST. MARTINS, HEREFORDSHIREPřečtěte si více
17500 - 19000 GBP Per Annum
BRISTOL, AVONPřečtěte si více