Head of Finance, Milan, Italy - An opportunity to put your accounting prowess and commerciality to the test.
If you are an experienced Senior Finance Professional with operations experience in supply chain, manufacturing, warehousing, FMCG or premises management, then we want to speak with you.
You be based in the beautiful and culture filled city of Milan, and with the backing of an international brand whose products are in most households, you will be solely responsible building the Italian Finance Department from the ground up! It is truly an opportunity that will put your experience and skills to the test whilst giving you the operational oversight to manage and control the accounting process from end to end.
Reporting directly to the UK Chief Financial Officer alongside your counterpart HoF’s in the company’s other territories, your responsibilities and performance indicators include:
• Creation of the Italian business plan ensuring focus on revenue, variable costs
• Production of the annual budget, reforecasting
• Sole ownership for the Italia accounting processes and procedures from invoicing to board reporting
• Preparation of monthly management accounts for review by the board
• Ensure the organisation is compliant with local (Italian) financial rules and regulations
• Tax compliance (Italy) – sales, corporation and withholding tax
• Preparation of statutory accounts
• Inward / outward transfer pricing – calculation, reconciliation, and legal agreements
• Accounts payable – managing and paying suppliers
• Credit control – proactively managing DSO through chasing invoices due
• Payroll – working with external bureau to ensure timely and accurate employee payments
• Royalty accounting including quarterly reporting to UK HQ
• Daily banking – Reconciliations, payments, allocations, and management of the bank relationship
Personal skills and characteristics:
• Fluent Italian to business level is useful but not essential
• Self-motivated and driven to succeed
• Meticulous and ethical approach to producing high standard accounts work
Apply now to arrange an initial conversation which will give you additional insight and no doubt increase your interest level! Email your CV to David.firstname.lastname@example.org