MACHINE TOOL ENGINEERS / INDUSTRIAL MAINTENACE ENGINEERS
Due to expansion we are recruiting a FIELD ENGINEER on behalf of a well respected UK manufacturer of machine tools with a worldwide client base. We are looking for individuals to become part of their specialist Engineering team, carrying out breakdown repairs and servicing for clients across the UK.
Your role will be to visit clients throughout the UK carrying out reactive service and repairs on the company's machines. You will be responsible for investigating and repairing issues which have either been reported by the clients OR carrying out PPM visits. The role can mean working under pressure and to deadlines and so the company is looking for calm and assertive engineers who can work in sometimes stressful situations.
The role is based from home. You will have a weekly schedule of visits although you will need to be flexible as this will change on a regular basis dependent on different priorities and the company's SLA's. The role may require you to work away from home for one or two days per week. Friday's will be dedicated to your administration with most engineers expecting to be finished early on a Friday afternoon, in line with the company's client base.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced field service engineer with an electrical bias and knowledge of industrial machinery, or a maintenance engineer looking for more variety and to progress into field service work with a market leading manufacturer
The role comes with:
- Van with petrol card and personal use if required (HRMC disclaimer needed)
- Tools and PPE supplied
- Hotel card (for overnight says)
- Company supplied Uniform
- Overtime for weekends at premium rates
To be considered you must be able to demonstrate:
- Formal engineering education in electrical or mechanical engineering to minimum Btec, City & Guilds or NVQ level 3
- Experience in the repair of industrial machinery, machine tools or other industrial equipment - Electrical bias preferred
- The ability to work away from home for up to 2 nights a week
- A Full UK driver's licence with up to 3 penalty points (DVLA code will be required as proof) NB -DR10s will NOT be considered
- An excellent attitude to customers (this is a customer facing role) and the ability to deal with challenging situations
- Good communications skills.
- Recruiting engineers from within M62 corridor, GREATER MANCHESTER, LEEDS, BRADFORD & SHEFFIELD AREAS
Does this sound like you? Are you interested?
Apply online with your current CV and a covering letter giving details of why you should be considered.
I look forward to hearing from you!