FIELD SERVICE ENGINEERS
Due to expansion we are recruiting on behalf of a leading manufacturer of machine tools with a worldwide client base. We are looking for individuals to become part of their specialist Field Service Engineering team, carrying out installations and breakdown repairs for clients on the company's range of specialist CNC machine tools across the Midlands.
Your role will be to visit clients within a given region carrying out reactive service and repairs on the company's machines. You will be responsible for investigating and repairing issues which have either been reported by the clients OR been picked up by the company's field maintenance teams on their PPM visits. The role can mean working under pressure and to deadlines and so the company is looking for calm and assertive engineers who can work in sometimes stressful situations.
The role is based from home. The service department will provide you with a weekly schedule of visits, although you will need to be flexible as this will change on a regular basis dependent on different priorities and the company's SLA's. The company is keen to develop its more talented engineers so there will be opportunities to progress into senior diagnostic engineering posts with salary and benefits to match.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced field service engineer with an electrical bias and knowledge of industrial machinery, or a maintenance engineer looking for more variety and to progress into field service work with a market leading manufacturer
The role comes with:
- Van with petrol card and personal use if required (HRMC disclaimer needed)
- Tools and PPE supplied
- Hotel card (for overnight says)
- Full product training (this may involve trips to Europe)
- 25 days holiday (+Bank holidays) including an Xmas shutdown
- Company supplied Uniform
- Overtime for weekends at premium rates
To be considered you must be able to demonstrate:
- Formal engineering education in electrical or mechanical engineering to minimum Btec, City & Guilds or NVQ level 3
- Experience in the repair of industrial machinery, CNC machine tools or other industrial equipment - Electrical bias preferred
- Flexible approach to working hours (you will be able to attend your first call by 9am no matter where this is)
- The ability to work away from home for up to 3 (occasionally 4) nights a week, plus approx. 5 weekends per year (overtime paid)
- A Full UK driver's licence with up to 3 penalty points (DVLA code will be required as proof) NB -DR10s will not be considered
- You are IT literate (the role will involve submission of reports)
- An excellent attitude to customers (this is a customer facing role) and the ability to deal with challenging situations
- Good communications skills.
Recruiting engineers from within GREATER MANCHESTER & SURROUNDING, LEEDS, BRADFORD & SHEFFIELD AREAS
Does this sound like you? Are you interested?
Apply online with your current CV and a covering letter giving details of why you should be considered.
I look forward to hearing from you!