Our client is seeking to recruit a Field Operations Engineer to join their growing technical services team. You
will work with a team of talented individuals in a dynamic, challenging, and fast-paced environment where
customer focus is essential.
Your role will be to provide Electrical Engineering support for the delivery of grid services worldwide. You will design client technical solutions and prepare design documentation and electrical drawings. You will provide technical support to field
engineering staff in the deployment of Metering and Control solutions. You will ensure the delivery
of projects to meet customer expectations within the given timescales. This role will be largely office based
with a requirement for occasional travel to client sites.
• Provide Electrical Engineering Support Services for the Field Operations group.
• Development of Client Design Solutions to deliver grid services.
• Review of site electrical drawings, electrical configuration, equipment, plant, metering and control
data to inform design solution.
• Liaising with internal and external stakeholders to gather the required design inputs, to ensure all
relevant information is considered at the project design stage and reviewed throughout the project,
ensuring clear communication is maintained.
• Specification of electrical instrumentation panels to meet technical design requirements.
• Preparation of necessary site documentation including design files, method statements and
• Ensuring design compliance with applicable standards, regulatory and safety requirements.
• Supporting deployments across geographical areas.
• Ideally Electrical Engineering qualification with minimum of 3 years industrial experience (Energy
Systems or Electronics background with strong electrical content may be considered).
• Excellent knowledge of three phase electrical systems, Medium and low voltage switchgear,
Electrical metering, control, and protection systems, Embedded power generation systems.
• Excellent knowledge in preparation and understanding of electrical drawings.
• Ability to learn quickly and take ownership of assigned projects from start to finish.
• Excellent time management, planning and organisational skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
• A professional, positive outlook with a structured approach to problem-solving
• Excellent attention to detail and process-driven approach to project delivery.
• Excellent computer skills:
• Microsoft suite,
• Electrical CAD software.
• Additional domain training (Electronics, PLC, programming).
• Project Coordination/Management experience.
• Knowledge of and interest in renewable technologies.
JOB TYPE: Permanent, Full-time
LOCATION: Limerick, Ireland.
SALARY: Competitive based on qualifications, experience, and skills
• Matched pension contribution up to 5% salary
• Self-directed training budget: €3,000/yr + 10 working days
• Performance-based bonus