Electrical Maintenance Engineer
Newhaven, East Sussex
£25K - £27K basic salary
The Company & Role
Out client are a specialist manufacturer of bespoke lighting products. This is a newly created role which will involve joining a busy maintenance team based at their Newhaven Factory. You will help to support and provide planned and reactive electrical and mechanical maintenance to machinery on site.
This role would suit an ambitious electrical engineer who has maybe 1-3 years experience and wanting to further or build their career within electrical maintenance and electrical engineering in the long term.
Key Skills and Competencies
- Support the Electrical Engineer for repair and maintenance of the plant, equipment and installations.
- Testing of electrical installations.
- Undertake general site maintenance tasks.
- Undertake first level maintenance.
- Working as directed to carry out the timely completion of PPM's.
- To ensure the Health and Safety of yourself, colleagues and visitors.
- To work towards installing new plant equipment as required.
- To help contribute to and ensure that the Maintenance Teams targets are met and to help reduce risk and downtime of Production processes.
- Some out of hours work may be required to repair breakdowns and carry out planned maintenance work.
- Liaise and communicate effectively with all associated production departments.
- City and Guilds/ ONC or Degree in an Electrical Discipline.
- Ideally having 3 years' previous experience in a similar role
- Experience in electrical maintenance of manufacturing equipment and machinery
- Ability to understand Electrical drawings
- Good understanding of Electrical control circuits.
- Ability to work on own initiative in a safe and methodical manner.
- Able to use hand tools, drilling machines, lathes and cutting machines.
Package & Benefits
- £25,000 - £27,000 dependent upon experience
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Career progression opportunities
- Company Pension scheme
- Access to a wide range of benefits such as discounts in shops, restaurants, gyms & Cycle2Work
If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity and you have the required experience, please apply with your up to date CV right away.