Do you have experience in Warehousing or Product Quality?
Have you got Document Control experience with strong Admin skills?
REED Engineering are currently looking for a Document Controller in the Bedford area. My client is a global leader in their field and have grown their workforce exponentially since the end of 2019 due to acquisitions and natural company growth. This is a new role for the business, therefore it is imperative you highlight on your application your Document Control skills with involvement or awareness of ISO 9001 and manufacturing processes. If you think this is interesting, then please read on for the below job responsibilities…
• Review customer purchase order specifications and identify specific customer requirements
required to deliver document packs.
• Check and review production material cards, material and test certificates. Set up, copy,
scan and store documents.
• Responsible for the timely, accurate and efficient preparation of required documentation for
manufactured and purchased products. E.g. composition of packages including cover
sheets, certificate of conformity dynamic balance, dimensional reports, material and NDT
certificates, I+M Manuals etc.
• Manage requests for documentation.
• Set up and supervise external product document verification visits conducted by industry
• Point of contact for managing customer approval of product drawings associated with
customer sales orders.
• Contribute to Internal Audits in accordance with the company audit schedule.
• Contribute to continuous improvement through activities such as Kaizens, 5Y, 8D and
Structured Problem-Solving events.
• Any other specific project related work required by the company. Although infrequent, this
may include the ability to travel on company business in the UK and overseas.
Key Skills & Experience:
• Proven work experience as a Document Controller or similar role.
• Highly organised with a meticulous eye for detail.
• Experience of reviewing technical documents, checking for accuracy/ability to spot errors.
• Create templates for future use and prepare documents (typing and editing).
• Pro-active attitude with desire to provide high levels of service.
• Good IT skills i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel, SAP.
• Ability to multitask.
• Retrieve files as requested by employees and clients.
• Good communication skills.
• Able to prioritise workloads.
• Ability to work under own initiative and under own supervision.
• Ability to work as part of a team.
• Have a flexible approach to work.
• Target driven and has a strong commitment to meeting deadlines.
• Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent (i.e. 5 grade A – C including Maths and English)
• Meticulous eye for detail.
• Experience in working in a busy environment and working to and meeting agreed targets.
• Experience in a customer facing environment.
• Valid UK driving license.
• Have experience with facilitating visits from customers and governing bodies.
• Have experience of internal auditing processes within an ISO9001 QMS.
• Have working experience with SAP MRP/ERP system.
• Have experience of working for a manufacturing company.
• Have experience of raw material certifications to BS EN10204-2.1 to 3.2.
• Have experience of hydraulic/pneumatic pressure testing.
• Have experience of casting defects.
Please apply to be considered today!