£30,000 – £38,000
Are you a Design Engineer who has at least 3 years’ experience within the manufacturing sector?
Do you have experience in sheet metal 3D design using either Solidworks OR Creo?
If you answered yes to the above, please read on!
Our client is a large, successful and global manufacturing business who specialise within the development, design, manufacture, and installation of energy efficient electro-mechanical products into the following markets: education, healthcare, commercial, retail and industrial.
As Design Engineer you will be working within the Product Engineering & Technical Department and will be responsible for designing and engineering products to meet the specifications/requirements of customers and the UK market. You will also create documents and procedures to ensure correct and timely manufacture whilst maintaining a very high level of quality that has been established.
- Work as part of a team to develop new products with input from other departments (Sales, Marketing, Technical, Production)
- Take ownership and accountability for product ranges where you will be responsible for all information needed for these, such as Production documents, Drawings, Labels, BOM, Costs & SOP.
- Constantly look for ways to improve existing products.
- Provide technical support, knowledge and assist other departments, such as production, quality and sales.
- Assisting with the day-to-day running of the administration system, creating part numbers and bill of materials for new and existing products.
- Ensure that procedures and instructions are followed.
- Assist other Designer, be it same experience level or junior with day-to-day tasks.
- Prioritize your daily activities in line with your Managers direction; commit to meeting deadlines and be flexible in your working hours when needed.
- Ensure 5S is controlled within your own area.
- 3D CAD experience: Creo (preferable) or Solid works.
- 3 years + of design experience
- Sheet Metal design
- Knowledge of MRP/ERP systems
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Pro-active and goal orientated.
- Able to multi-task and manage several projects at the same time.
- Driving licence
- Microsoft Office
Desirable but not Essential
- Degree/HNC/BTEC in Mechanical Design/Engineering
- Experience of BIM modeler
- Experience of seeing a design carry through from initial concept to full production
- Experience of the lighting industry (preferable)
Package & Benefits
- £30,000 - £38,000 dependent upon experience
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Life Assurance
- Career progression opportunities
- Company Pension scheme
If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity and you have the required experience, please apply with your up to date CV right away.