Are you an experienced Controls Engineer? Do you Previous Experience with Siemens and Schematics?
A manufacturer of Industrial equipment with a great presence overseas, who due to expansion are currently recruiting for a Controls Engineer on a permanent basis. This is a great opportunity to join a small team of 3 in an expanding business and really put your own stamp on the role.
- Confer with engineers, customers and other 3rd party’s to discuss existing or potential engineering projects and products. Prepare specifications for purchase of materials and equipment.
- Design, implement & maintain electrical control instrumentation (E&H transmitters).
- Know of and can demonstrate knowledge of computer-assisted engineering (Eplan, AutoCAD). Electrical schematics will include PLC, VSD & Intrinsically safe equipment. (Desirable).
- Know of and can demonstrate knowledge of Siemens TIA Portal and/or Allen Bradley or another PLC, software writing and integration. (Desirable).
- Produce standardised documentation, for example… Functional Design Specifications, Hardware Design Specifications, Software Design Specifications, Factory Acceptance Test to ensure compliance with specifications, codes and customer requirements.
- Know of and can demonstrate knowledge hazardous area and intrinsically safe equipment. (Desirable).
- Oversee and be involved with project production efforts to assure projects are completed to a satisfactory technical standard.
- Prepare and study technical drawings and specifications of control systems to ensure that installation and operations conform to standards and customer requirements.
- With assistance investigate customer complaints, determine nature and extent of problem and recommend remedial measures.
- Compile data and write reports relating to technical equipment testing, Supplier NCR’s and equipment malfunctions.
- Willing to travel, UK and Abroad… (India, China & America) active projects.
Skills & Qualifications
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or HNC/HND or time served apprentice with desire to proceed and push themselves.
- Exposure to electrical design packages (desirable)
- Excellent communication skills
- Organisation and prioritisation skills
- Good IT skills including MS Office
- Ability to work as part of a team