As a Senior C# Developer you will contribute to projects including technical deliveries, regulatory projects and platform enhancements. With a heavy emphasis on technical and communication skills, you will be working closely with various stakeholders
across all regions and business clusters to deliver robust design and technical solutions. You will ensure requirements are understood and will participate in all aspects of software development life cycle related to these applications.
Our client is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
What will you be doing?
• Analysing new requirements to find the most appropriate technical solution and contribute to the overall system design
• Taking responsibility and ownership of new feature development
• Documenting designs and communicating them with the team(s)
• Working on all aspects of analysis, design, implementation and deployment of all software, related to the core data applications
• Focusing on good code quality and high test coverage and participating in code reviews; sharing development best practices
• Designing and implementing applications and data flows, for accuracy, timeliness, quality and control
• Contributing to the delivery of complex projects in collaboration with global teams, to develop new or enhance existing systems
• Setting up and managing development meetings with application leads and business unit users; producing MI reports showing trend analysis
What we’re looking for:
• Excellent knowledge of C# and .NET 4/4.5 framework, server-side development, Service Oriented Architecture using REST, DB technology (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server)
• Knowledge of design patterns, object-oriented design principles and database design fundamentals, unit and integration testing, and other software development practices
• Intermediary experience in multithreading and asynchronous programming
• Knowledge of Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban) and development and agile tools (e.g. JIRA, Git, TeamCity and Agile Central)
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Basic awareness of Web Technologies – HTML5/ JS/ CSS; Cloud technologies – e.g. AWS; DevOps
• Excellent communication skills - including the ability to convey information to non technical colleagues in a concise and clear way
• Good stakeholder management, ability to communicate at all levels and build sustainable relationships
• A solid analytical/ problem solving mindset; organisational skills and ability to multi-task in a highly pressured environment