For our internatioal banking client we are currently looking for a Java Developer who will actively contribute to various projects spanning across critical technical deliveries, regulatory projects and platform enhancements requested by the product owner or business users. You will have a chance to work closely with the Developers, Business Analysts, Architects and Project Managers across all regions and business clusters to deliver robust design and technical solutions in a controlled, transparent and actively risk managed fashion.
What will you be doing?
• Analysing new requirements to find the most appropriate technical solution and contribute to the overall system design
• Taking responsibility and ownership of new feature development
• Participating in all aspects of analysis, design, implementation and deployment of all software related to the core data applications
• Designing and implementing applications and data flows for accuracy, timeliness, quality and control
• Contributing to the delivery of complex projects in collaboration with global teams, to develop new or enhance existing systems
• Setting up and managing development meetings with application leads and business unit users
• Producing various management information reports showing trend analysis and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
What we’re looking for:
• Core Java SE 8+ knowledge
• Previous experience with Spring framework
• Demonstrable knowledge of design patterns, object-oriented design principles and database design fundamentals
• Experience with Core Java technologies including Database Connectivity and multi-threading
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Demonstrable knowledge of middleware including MQ & JMS and Web Service (SOAP & REST API)
• Familiar with Python, Shell, SQL and Unix scripting
• Experience with development and agile tools e.g. JIRA, Git, TeamCity
• Familiar with messaging and XML processing
Where will you be working?
Our Prague office is based in the financial centre of Prague. We are part of the Operations and Technology Division, and as such, we try our best to stay at the top of our technological game. However, the technology itself is not the most important thing. What matters the most to us is the way our ingenuity can help provide better service to our customers and make life easier for our employees.