The primary mission of the IT Cloud Architect is to design and architect several functional layers, of parametric design framework (workflows, data management, AI/ML, Integration with other systems).
This role is responsible for providing technical leadership for building (& continuously improve using emerging trends) an engine that may constitute of on-prem and cloud systems, that are robust, well integrated and have world class architecture standards (with all “7-ilities” in place, such as Usability, Maintainability (Flexibility)), Security, Scalability, Portability, Availability (Reliability).
1. Create & document high & low level designs/frameworks for all components of parametrized simulation & automation factory
Orchestrate/connect relevant systems to ensure best in class standards are followed, considering 7-ilities, with loosely coupled framework that can be (re)adapted at a later point in time
Own the development & deployment of key architectures such as the engineering data Lake, system integrations, master data management, and data lake consumption scenarios (including ML/AI model automations)
Leverage strong process documentation & hard wired practices to ensure rigor.
2. Establish robust simulation coding quality & scripting re-use standards across all primary vendor products & common tool sets focused on speed to build
Drive deep skills development inside the team to ensure the team builds world class competencies around cloud services, data handing, database management, & automated secure DevOps
3. Proactively ensure the robustness & reliability of all layers of the architecture, rapidly respond to any emerging issues, and lead all actions to close gaps with a robust Root Cause Analysis & Permanent Correct Action mindset
Select & maintain the common & rationalized tool set based on performance, simplicity and emerging trends
- At least 10-12 years of experience in the field of software development lifecycle, software architecture and design
- Significant experience (7-9 years) with working on cloud based technologies on cross functional systems, API's and integration frameworks (including micro services)
- Hands on experience using Lamba, Step functions and other cloud services/API's from either, AWS, MS Azure, Google cloud, Mulesoft, or SFDC, Webhooks or other related technologies.