As Tools Support Engineer, you will be a part of Support team which is committed for managing the environment along with timely and quality resolution of issues. You will be actively providing end to end support to DevOps toolsets - namely Jira, Confluence and Bitbucket from Atlassian, other tools like Nexus, TeamCity, Jenkins along with in house tools created for the ease of developer’s work.
Our client is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
What will you be doing?
• You will be providing support for DevOps toolset following the internal team process for it
• Implementing feature requests raised through Jira for our team following the process
• Overseeing troubleshooting of problems and either solve or serve as point of escalation
• Acting as a global expertise for the toolset and provide teams with support and help when needed – either local discussions, using emails, chat or confluence pages
• Representing the team together with other team members on the regular monthly stake holders meeting and providing feedback when necessary
• Actively participating in the regular team meetings (Kanban/Scrum), getting familiar with this Agile methodology
What we’re looking for:
• Knowledge of UNIX / LINUX shell and some scripting language like Perl or Python is advantage
• Good knowledge of relational database systems (preferably PostgreSQL, MSSQL).
• Familiarity with CI/CD toolsets is key to this role
• Familiarity with cloud computing – AWS is an advantage
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Good inclination to go extra miles to resolve user issues
• Familiarity with container technology like docker is an added advantage
• Good support attitude