Power Electronics Engineer Dyson
Competitive Salary and Benefits
If you are an experienced Power Electronics Engineer who is looking for an exciting new career at Dyson, then this is the ideal opportunity for you.
Dyson has an opportunity for Senior Power Electronics Engineers to join the Power Electronics & Energy Storage group.
You will be part of a team working on the development of electronics for Dyson Digital Motors and the Battery Management System for Lithium-Ion batteries.
Dyson Digital Motors are small and light, yet extremely powerful; they power the next generation of handheld vacuum cleaners as well as the Supersonic and Air Wrap, which are revolutionising hair care.
Battery management systems are vital for the safety, reliability and functionality of cordless products.
As a Senior Power Electronics Engineer you will be responsible for a number of activities, including:
- Design and develop the next generation of hardware electronics for Battery Management Systems and Motor Drives.
- Creation of design documentation, test methods and validation plans.
- Conduct testing in the lab and analysing the results.
- Design for EMC/EMI standards.
- Ensure quality and reliability of Dyson products.
- Follow the full life cycle of the product development processes.
Supported by Lead and Principal Engineers, as well other specialists, you will work closely with other teams in a multidisciplinary environment, to create amazing products.
- A degree or equivalent experience in electronic engineering or comparable discipline
- Experience in the design and development of battery management systems, motor drives or other power electronics systems
- Experience in electronics hardware design for power electronics
- Experience on schematic design and PCB layout
- General knowledge of power electronics devices including silicon based IGBTs, MOSFETs and wide bandgap technologies.
- Circuit simulation and analysis experience
- The ability to work within a multidisciplinary team.
- An active approach to the generation of ideas
- The desire and ability to communicate complex ideas to a range of experts in different fields.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays.
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines