A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join a highly successful company who provide to worldwide steel / metals industry.
- To design and detail bespoke equipment for use in a steel plant environment based on known fundamental principles. Mechanisms, Transmission Drives – Electrically, Pneumatically and hydraulically controlled.
- Preparation of technical sales proposals showing concept designs and detailed technical descriptions.
- Supervisory control over the manufacturing of equipment.
- Day to day drawing office activities
- Computer Literate
- Microsoft Office Literate
- Steel plant experience desirable
- Medium/Heavy Fabrications
- Power transmission calculations and selection of components
- Structural calculations / computer and hand written
- Electrical / Pneumatic / Hydraulics experience desirable
Day to day the role will involve:
- Use of AutoDesk Inventor and AutoCAD.
- Concept of design and details of project from start to finish.
- Preparation of technical proposals for engineering sales purposes.
- Preparation of internal quotations for equipment for manufacturing purposes.
- Interfacing with members of our in-house manufacturing team including electrical, pneumatic and fabrication engineers.
- Liaising with suppliers of equipment/raw materials to obtain best prices and delivery schedules.
To be successful you will:
- Have a flair for producing, interesting technical proposals
- Have a minimum qualification of HNC in Mechanical and Production Engineering.
- Have a good understanding of the principles of power transmission.
- Be capable of performing and understanding mechanical structural calculations.
- Have an awareness of CE Marking Regulations.
- Be team player.
- Have a desire to succeed in our competitive manufacturing industry.
- Be a competent user of the Microsoft Office Suite.
This is an excellent opportunity for a keen Design Engineer to join a well-respected Engineering Division, within an internally renowned company.
Hours of work: 40 hours (08:00 to 1700)