For our international banking client we are currently looking for an experienced SQL Developer to actively contribute to various projects spanning across critical technical deliveries, regulatory projects and platform enhancements requested by the product owner or business users. You will have a chance to work closely with the Developers, Business Analysts, Architects and Project Managers across all regions and business clusters to deliver robust design and technical solutions in a controlled, transparent and actively risk managed fashion.
What will you be doing?
• Analysing new requirements to find the most appropriate technical solution and contributing to the overall system design
• Taking responsibility and ownership of new feature development
• Documenting designs and communicating them with the team
• Working on all aspects of analysis, design, implementation and deployment of all software, related to the core data applications
• Focusing on good code quality and high test coverage and actively participate in code reviews
• Designing and implementing applications and data flows, for accuracy, timeliness, quality and control
• Contributing to the delivery of complex projects in collaboration with global teams across Barclays, to develop new or enhance existing systems
• Analysing new requirements to find the most appropriate technical solution and contribute to the overall system design
What we’re looking for:
• Experience with SQL development including experience of designing, optimising and maintaining a transactional system, ETL tools, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
• Previous experience with writing efficient functions, stored procedures and complex database queries using T-SQL
• Experience with Migration of database technologies to cloud (AWS, Snowflake, Redshift or other) and data modelling
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Experience with DevOps, source control, unit and integration testing, continuous integration, release management, and other software development practices
• Knowledge of Maria, Aurora or PostgreSQL
• Knowledge of scripting languages (Shell, Python)
Where will you be working?
Our Prague office is part of the Operations and Technology Division, and as such, we try our best to stay at the top of our technological game. However, the technology itself is not the most important thing. What matters the most to us is the way our ingenuity can help provide better service to our customers and make life easier for our employees.