Our client, US based technology company, is looking for new Engineering Lead of Pay and Access team. The product of the company is a technology platform for venues and event owners to take control of their ticketing experience, giving them tools they need to keep their venues full and their fans happy.
The Pay and Access team works on access control, ticketing and payment systems for event attendees onsite. This includes systems to scan people in and out of events, Point of Sale systems, and onsite Cashless tech for food and beverage sales, along with their software. The amount of real-time interactions between devices and backend systems, as well as amongst devices is substantial and constantly evolving. There are a set of mobile & kiosk native applications for access control, POS and wristband-touch systems.
The team manages two native mobile applications and the backend powering the sync APIs and the data. The mobile apps currently use Kotlin (with a possible move to ReactNative shortly), as well as Xamarin. The backend is powered by .Net with the team managing the infrastructure on Azure. Here’s the full tech stack:
- .Net 5.0
- ASP.NET Core using Razor syntax
- GitHub actions are being used for CI
- Firebase Auth / RTDB (management directly + use in Xamarin)
- Google Cloud Functions with Firebase RTDB
- Mobile app written in Kotlin
- Mobile app using Xamarin
The opportunity for this role is to lead and grow a team of talented engineers. As a Team Lead, you will:
- Manage and grow a team of engineers with diverse skills in mobile and web development.
- Work very closely with the Product and Engineering teams to own and deliver exciting, game-changing projects within an exciting, fast moving industry
- Work to design, develop and maintain high standards for software development (as this is still a ~60% hands-on role)
- Work with key stakeholders and the PM through the software development lifecycle to determine requirements.
- Lead on post delivery performance analytics and enhancement opportunities, ensuring products and services don’t degrade, but instead are consistently reviewed and improved.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- You have experience leading and managing a team of engineers (desirable)
- You have strong development skills across the .Net technology stack - C#, ASP.Net MVC
- You have a good knowledge of SQL and database design
- You're proactive with a keen desire to take ownership of projects
- You're collaborative with great communication and interpersonal skills
- You have experience working with highly scalable systems
- You have a good understanding of OO concepts and SOLID design principles
- You have experience working with automated regression testing as well as unit testing and TDD
- Some experience with or openness to working with Python is a big plus, as it is used by other teams across the company.
- Experience of Continuous Delivery and Automated Deployment environment using tools such as GitHub actions or Azure DevOps
- Experience of developing using public cloud, ideally Microsoft Azure and Terraform
- Experience of mobile development using ReactNative, Kotlin or Xamarin